When Vmware announced it was partnering with AWS last fall, it turned more than a few enterprise heads.
While they boast almost 100 percent penetration in on-prem data centers, the company has struggled over the last five years to find its place as customers began to shift workloads to the cloud.
This gives them a way to integrate with AWS, the giant in the public cloud , and work smoothly across both environments.
Both companies get a big boost, and so do the customers who get a product that makes it easier to integrate VMware VMs in the AWS cloud.
- VMware expands multi-cloud offerings, adds new intent-based security productZDNet
- VMware's hybrid cloud product for Amazon Web Services now generally availableGeekWire
- VMware Cloud Services help businesses understand cloud costs, network traffic ...TechRepublic
- VMware AppDefense automates security for apps and data in virtual environmentsTechRepublic
- VMware and AWS launch joint cloud service out of betaVentureBeat
- VMware launches new version of vSphere for big data and HPC workloadsTechRepublic
- VMware expands hybrid cloud strategy with series of announcements at VMworldTechCrunch
- VMWare releases AppDefense to protect enterprise virtual environmentsZDNet
- VMworld Kicks Off with a Slew of Cloud and Data Center AnnouncementsCIO Today