Spieth birdied two of the first five holes, and it looked like he was going to dart away from the jungle cat before Johnson even had a chance to lick his lips.
In reality, he'd just taken the "I'm the greatest driver of the golf ball in the history of this sport" line off the tee and potentially broken ProTracer in the process.
Matsuyama came in as arguably the best player alive over the last 12 months and then he went out and missed the cut at The Northern Trust by a stroke.
He'll only slip a couple of spots in the FedEx Cup points race, and as of now he still controls his own destiny for the $10 million.
- The clubs Dustin Johnson used to win The Northern TrustGolfDigest.com
- Johnson beats Spieth in playoff at Northern TrustDuluth News Tribune
- PGA tournament gets dream scenario as Jordan Spieth and Dustin Johnson forced ...Business Insider
- DJ downs Spieth in PGA play-off in NYCYahoo7 News
- Spieth leads top-ranked Johnson by three shotsGulf Times
- Johnson,Spieth in playoff at Northern TrustSuperSport
- Johnson pulls off a stunner over Spieth in Northern TrustCBSSports.com
- Dustin Johnson pulls off a stunner over Spieth in Northern TrustMinneapolis Star Tribune
- Johnson and Spieth in playoff at Northern TrustEurosport.com