GEDDES, N.Y. -- This Fair day last year took third-place for most New York State Fair attendees on the festival's first Saturday, and unfortunately this year's couldn't beat it out.
But breaking 95,000 visitors is still a hefty accomplishment, and secured 2017 a nice fourth-place spot in the record books for highest first-Saturday Attendance, according to State Fair officials.
Saturday gave fairgoers clearer weather , helping the event continue its upward climb in attendance this year.
Check back daily to see the latest attendance numbers:
*Because the New York State Fair switched to a 13-day schedule in 2017, we used last year's opening day attendance to compare to 2017's opening day statistics
- Nearly 100000 people attend first Saturday of 2017 NYS FairAuburn Citizen (blog)
- NYS Fair 2017: Guide to Centro shuttle service, departure times and moreAuburn Citizen (blog)
- Extra, 13th day at NY State Fair to return in 2018Syracuse.com
- Drones monitoring fair traffic to ease parking delaysWSYR
- New York State Fair weather forecast for Saturday, Aug. 26Syracuse.com
- NYS Fair Foods: Think it's impossible to make healthy, fun choices? Think againSyracuse.com
- Basilio's Sausage: A New York State Fair tradition for 61 yearsCNYcentral.com
- Plan A Last-Minute, End-Of-Summer Getaway To The Great New York State FairForbes
- Drones deployed to monitor New York State Fair trafficPhys.Org