But traders who have been following the 2017 rally closely may be doing a bit of a double take this week when they look at some of the stocks that are leading the bounce and some of them that aren’t.
In fact, all four FANG stocks, which have been top performers throughout most of the year, have underperformed the market this week.
In fact, the SPDR S&P Retail (ETF) (NYSE: XRT ) is up 2.4 percent this week, nearly tripling the return of the overall market.
SPDR S&P 500 ETF Trust (NYSE: SPY ) bulls, however, will be watching closely for technology or another sector to take over the leadership role next week.
The fundamentals in the retail sector give little indication the stocks mentioned above are capable of sustaining an extended rally.
- Alphabet Inc. (GOOG) Upgraded to “Buy” at BidaskClubTrueBlueTribune
- Crossvault Capital Management LLC Acquires 486 Shares of Alphabet Inc. (GOOGL)TrueBlueTribune
- Alphabet, Inc. (GOOGL) Stock | Potential Upside With Artificial IntelligenceWarrior Trading News (press release)
- Monness Crespi & Hardt Reaffirms “Buy” Rating for Alphabet Inc. (GOOGL)Week Herald
- Eads & Heald Investment Counsel Has $1.14 Million Stake in Alphabet Inc. (GOOG)Week Herald
- Alphabet Inc. (GOOGL) is Provident Trust Co.'s 9th Largest PositionWeek Herald
- Alphabet Inc. (GOOGL) Shares Sold by Usca Ria LLCTrueBlueTribune
- Alphabet Inc. (GOOG) Shares Bought by C WorldWide Group Holding ASTrueBlueTribune
- Alphabet Inc. (GOOG) is Amica Retiree Medical Trust's 2nd Largest PositionTrueBlueTribune