It might be a bit premature, but we're ready to declare the 2017 New York State Fair a celebration of the doughnut.
Some are savory breakfast sandwiches, others fanciful confections (like the Syracuse Orange above from the Regional Donut Authority ).
The dessert starts with a donut from Geddes Bakery and has vanilla ice cream, maple syrup, bacon pieces and, if you like, some espresso.
Recess Coffee also offers a savory breakfast sandwich -- that starts with a donut.
The donut creations "are special just for the state fair," says Cathy Roosa of Recess Coffee.
- Earth, Wind & Fire, LeAnn Rimes, DNCE: 5 NYS Fair shows to see this weekSyracuse.com
- Today at the 2017 NYS Fair: Earth, Wind & Fire, fishing tourney and more for ...Auburn Citizen (blog)
- New York State Fair weather forecast for Sunday, Aug. 27Syracuse.com
- NYS Fair attendance 2017: How did Day 4 shape up compared to last year?Syracuse.com
- Nearly 100000 people attend first Saturday of 2017 NYS FairAuburn Citizen (blog)
- NYS Fair 2017: Guide to Centro shuttle service, departure times and moreAuburn Citizen (blog)
- Drones monitoring fair traffic to ease parking delaysWSYR
- Extra, 13th day at NY State Fair to return in 2018Syracuse.com
- Drones deployed to monitor New York State Fair trafficPhys.Org