Oakland Raiders cornerback TJ Carrie (38) gives chase as Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott (21) runs the ball through the line of scrimmage in the first half of a preseason NFL football game, Saturday, Aug. 26, 2017, in Arlington, Texas.
ARLINGTON -- Ezekiel Elliott finally made his first, and likely only, preseason appearance of 2017 on Saturday night against the Oakland Raiders.
Of course, it's how long the Cowboys will be without him during the upcoming regular season that is at the forefront, with the appeal of his six-game suspension scheduled for a hearing Tuesday.
Cowboys coach Jason Garrett has said all along that starting running backs in the NFL don't need a lot of time in preseason games.
Elliott also played in only one preseason game last season, making a strong impression while running seven times for 48 yards against the Seattle Seahawks, including knocking safety Kam Chancellor back more than once.
- 5 things to watch for during Cowboys-Raiders game, including what Dallas might ...Dallas News
- Marshawn Lynch sits for national anthem, Dez Bryant standsNBCSports.com
- Raiders RB Marshawn Lynch sits during national anthem before Cowboys gameDallas News
- Oakland Raiders vs Dallas Cowboys 2017 Live Stream: Watch Preseason Online ...Velvetiere
- Dallas Cowboys change plans for Jaylon Smith against Oakland RaidersAll 22
- Raiders countdown to kickoff: 15 is Michael Crabtree, who wore it best?Silver and Black Pride
- Justin Durant won't play Saturday, but ready for seasonFort Worth Star Telegram
- Dak Prescott on how camp has changed in his second year, and the oddest place ...Dallas News (blog)
- Dallas Cowboys vs. Raiders: 5 players to watchThe Landry Hat