USF opened the season Saturday evening at San Jose State.
Thirteen USF true freshmen were among the 70 players who traveled with the Bulls to San Jose State.
The gluttony of freshmen receivers may be partially attributed to the fact veterans Deangelo Antoine and Ryeshene Bronson are injured and didn't travel.
LB Danny Thomas also remained home with an unspecified injury.
DB Naytron CulpepperLS Zack DeitzWR Kevaughn DingleLB Keirston JohnsonDT Kevin KeglerDB Mekhi LaPointeWR Jernard PhillipsDT Kelvin PinkneyWR Randall St. FelixK Marco SalaniWR Chauncy SmartC Jeremiah StaffordDB Donelle Thomas
- South Florida vs San Jose State: Live highlights, top performers and moreSaturday Blitz
- Special teams costing Charlie Strong's USF. Sound familiar, Texas fans?SB Nation
- Hyped USF tries to buck trend of favorite flops in AACPress of Atlantic City
- No. 19 South Florida gets early start to Charlie Strong eraSFGate
- 5 things to ponder heading into San Jose State's openerThe Mercury News
- Bulls begin season with huge expectationsThe Ledger
- Jones: Charlie Strong, football program need a cash commitment from USFTampabay.com
- Andy Murray withdraws from US Open because of hip injury.FOXSports.com
- CFB Predictions: Can USF cover 22 points vs. San Jose State? 8/26/17TheSpread.com