ARLINGTON, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott played 10 snaps in Saturday night's preseason game against the Oakland Raiders , and now the club has to wonder if it will see him in action again before Oct. 29.
He is facing a six-game suspension for violating the NFL's Personal Conduct Policy for an alleged domestic violence incident involving a former girlfriend in Columbus, Ohio, in July 2016.
Matthew Emmons/USA TODAY Sports Owner and general manager Jerry Jones has withheld comment regarding Elliott's suspension, however, sources indicate he is upset.
The league said it had "persuasive" evidence that Elliott committed physical force against Thompson even if the legal authorities chose not to press charges.
The personal conduct policy requires a lesser burden of proof in determining whether a player faces league discipline.
- How Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott fared in his preseason debut against RaidersDallas News
- Raiders RB Marshawn Lynch sits during national anthem before Cowboys gameDallas News
- Cowboys LB Anthony Hitchens goes down with apparent knee injury in preseason ...Dallas News (blog)
- Marshawn Lynch sits for national anthem, Dez Bryant standsNBCSports.com
- 5 things to watch for during Cowboys-Raiders game, including what Dallas might ...Dallas News
- Ezekiel Elliott plays 10 snaps in preseason debutNBCSports.com
- Cowboys LB Hitchens Leaves With Knee InjuryCBS DFW
- Oakland Raiders vs Dallas Cowboys Live Stream: Watch 2017 NFL Preseason Online ...Velvetiere
- Cowboys' Chaz Green: May have suffered injuryCBSSports.com