While Floyd Mayweather’s final fight is the headliner, an exciting new crop of boxers will also be on display Saturday night in Las Vegas, led by burgeoning superstar Gervonta “Tank” Davis.
Both of his parents were drug users, and as such, he spent much of his youth living in foster care or with relatives.
After being convicted of racketeering and conspiracy, Ford served 10 years in federal prison, where he learned how to box.
He won the IBF World Junior Lightweight title with a seventh-round TKO of Jose Pedraza in January 2017 and easily defended against Liam Walsh in May:
As Davis was quickly rising the professional ranks, he turned many heads, including that of one of the best boxers of all-time.
- Carl Frampton's reaction to Floyd Mayweather's protege missing weight was ...SportsJOE.ie
- Inspiration for 'The Wire' coaching the next Floyd MayweatherNew York Post
- Gervonta Davis misses weight, losing right to keep title under Mayweather ...Baltimore Sun
- Gervonta Davis Stripped Of World Title, Ex-Champion Gives ReactionBoxing News and Views
- Baltimore boxer Gervonta Davis misses weight, forfeits IBF titleWashington Post
- Davis Stripped Of IBF CrownSecondsOut
- Baltimore Boxer Gervonta Davis Misses Weight, Loses BeltPress Box
- Gervonta Davis Misses Weight, Talks Fail, Fight OffThe Sweet Science
- Mayweather vs McGregor: Gervonta Davis misses weight; stripped of IBF beltSkySports