It’s even good when it’s played on the other end of the world for people who aren’t wholly familiar with the sport.
What better ambassadors for college Football than a throwback power team and a struggling mid-major that hasn’t seen real success in the better part of a decade?
David Bailiff taking a bunch of nerdy two stars up against a PAC-12 powerhouse in the Outback is exactly the type of dystopian future I want on a Saturday night.
Like Mel Gibson, Rice has sort of just been floundering around in their own personal wasteland for the past decade or so.
Wondering if the MOB will pick up on the fact that, like Blaster, Stanford players are exceptionally large and strong but highly susceptible to shrill, high-pitched noises.
- Why Australia's hosting 2017 college football's opening day againSB Nation
- CFB Saturday: Oregon State & Stanford Open the 2017 College Football Season TodayBruins Nation
- Major Key - Stanford vs. Rice EditionRule Of Tree
- Stanford Among Big Betting Favorites for Opening Day of College FootballSports Illustrated
- Pac-12 Football Week 0: Stanford starts the season offGo Joe Bruin
- Rice's opener against Stanford provides glimpse into program's futureChron.com
- Rice football players check on status of Hurricane HarveyBusiness Insider
- Stanford down under: Game against Rice approachesFairfield Daily Republic
- Football looks to start season with a bang against RiceThe Stanford Daily