The older game focused much more on traditional vehicles, but the Smuggler’s Run update for GTA Online is all about aircrafts that players can buy, customize, and utilize when taking on missions of questionable legality.
“With a name that’s a nod to an early classic from the Rockstar Games catalog, Smuggler’s Run opens up the air corridors above Los Santos and Blaine County, providing new business opportunities while introducing a range of planes, choppers and even ultralights as highly viable options for transporting criminal cargo across the state – simultaneously opening up some creative new methods of dispatching any rival gangs along the way,” an announcement posted on the Rockstar Games newswire read.
A new mechanic named Charlie will help you keep your aircraft collection in the best condition possible so you can stay in the skies longer.
In addition to the high-flying update, Rockstar also previewed changes coming to GTA Online’s races that’ll take place by land, sea, and sky.
Like a GTA triathlon, players will have to be experience in multiple forms of transportation to take part in these new racing circuits.
- Return to 'Smuggler's Run' in the next 'GTA: Online' expansionGears Of Biz
- Big GTA 5 Online Update Brings Intense Air Action, Customizable Aircraft Next WeekGameSpot
- GTA Online's big Smuggler's Run update adds new customisable aircraft and more ...DeathRattleSports.com
- GTA Online Smuggler's Run Update: 4 Things to KnowGotta Be Mobile
- GTA Online Smuggler's Run DLC Is A High-Flying Shout-Out To Classic Raucous ...Hot Hardware
- GTA Online Smuggler's Run to take game to new heights, literallySlashGear
- Rockstar Announces GTA Online Smuggler's Run; Details Upcoming New Content For ...Wccftech
- GTA Online's new update comes with a lot of new planes, and brings back a GTAV ...PCGamesN
- GTA: Online gets Smuggler's Run update next weekDestructoid