It wouldn’t be cause for concern if a lot of the same problems that plagued the Giants last season – especially the lack of a run game – hadn't resurfaced in the preseason.
The Giants just need to reach the end zone for the first time this year and provide a shred of optimism for the offense.
Johnson needs to be more decisive than he was in the preseason opener when even he admitted to holding onto the ball too long a couple plays.
He needs to prove valuable on special teams and as a versatile running back to secure a spot on the roster.
Five running backs (Perkins, Shane Vereen , Orleans Darkwa , Wayne Gallman and Draughn) is definitely a possibility.
- 7 Jets fighting for roster spots in third preseason game vs. Giants, including ...NJ.com
- Is Todd Bowles botching the Jets' quarterback competition?ESPN (blog)
- Biggest storylines for Jets' 3rd preseason game, at Giants, including ...NJ.com
- One WR familiar to Eli Manning could get lots of work vs. JetsNew York Post
- Jets know time is near for quarterback decisionNew York Post
- New York Jets vs. New York Giants: Preview, TV Coverage and StreamsThe Jet Press
- Giants Vs. Jets 2017 Preseason: Game Time, TV Channel, Live Stream, Odds, MoreBig Blue View
- Giants' Ben McAdoo wants offense to find 'rhythm' vs. JetsGiants Wire
- Giants Vs. Jets Snoopy Bowl 2017: Everything You Need To KnowPatch.com