Displaying the cannon of an arm that head coach Adam Gase and the Dolphins coveted after Ryan Tannehill’s season-ending injury, Cutler threw a perfect strike to DeVante Parker up the sideline.
Parker, whom Miami has high hopes for, won a 50-50 jump ball over cornerback Ronald Darby in a play that went for 72 yards and ultimately resulted in a 2-yard Jay Ajayi touchdown run.
The Dolphins would not have made a sizable investment (one-year, $10 million with incentives) in Cutler if they didn’t believe he gave them a chance to win 10-plus games and return to the playoffs for the second straight year.
Nevertheless, Cutler – who was marvelous during the joint practice with a slew of well thrown deep balls – fired a strike to tight end Julius Thomas for the first touchdown of his Dolphins career.
- Mychal Kendricks Pick-Six Caps Off Crazy First HalfPhiladelphiaEagles.com
- Jeffery, Smith strike early for BirdsPress of Atlantic City
- WATCH: Alshon Jeffery's first touchdown with Eagles vs. DolphinsNJ.com
- What to watch in Eagles-Dolphins preseason gamePhilly.com
- NFL scores 2017: Results, highlights and news from Aug. 24SB Nation
- Sports Tonight: Eagles' third preseason game won't show as much as we thinkPhilly.com
- Real football begins, almostCapeGazette.com
- NFL preseason scores, schedule, updates, news: Wentz, Smith connect on long TDCBSSports.com
- Dolphins plan to rotate DTs this season, but Godchaux viewed as favorite to ...Sun Sentinel