After watching an atrocious performance from Blake Bortles during Jacksonville's 12-8 loss to Tampa Bay on Aug. 17, Jaguars coach Doug Marrone decided it was time to open up the quarterback competition and give Chad Henne a chance at winning the job.
That touchdown pass ended up being Cutler's final throw of the night as Dolphins coach Adam Gase decided to pull his quarterback after just over one quarter of action.
After catching a short pass from from Dolphins' third-string quarterback Brandon Doughty , Grant busted through two potential tacklers and ended up outrunning everyone for a 69-yard touchdown.
Coaches generally let their starting quarterbacks play into the second half during Week 3 of the preseason, but Wentz was pulled after taking several hard hits during his one quarter on the field.
Panthers coach Ron Rivera decided to pull his starting quarterback after watching him lead a 10-play, 75-yard touchdown drive on Carolina's opening possession.
- Jags' Chad Henne plays it safe, leads two scoring drives in startABC News
- Jaguars owner sounds open to signing Colin Kaepernick, but there's one catchCBSSports.com
- The Jaguars should cut Blake Bortles if he won't be their Week 1 starterTouchdown Wire
- Blake Bortles Has Had A Very Bad SummerDeadspin
- Blake Bortles' old coach thinks his problem is “between his ears”Yahoo Sports
- The Bortles train wreck: How we got here, what's nextESPN
- Jaguars owner Shad Khan would 'absolutely' be okay with team signing Colin ...Big Cat Country
- Ex-Miami Dolphins QB Chad Henne lives! (Here's proof that'll slay you)Palm Beach Post (blog)
- Jaguars owner Shad Khan open to adding Colin KaepernickWJXT Jacksonville