Bosworth’s appointment as the new head of Facebook’s Hardware division was confirmed inside Facebook by CTO Mike Schroepfer, while a spokesperson released an official statement.
“We believe these new technologies have the potential to bring the world closer together in entirely new ways, and we've built great teams with strong leadership in each of these areas.
IBT reported earlier this month that Facebook’s video Chat device would come with a touchscreen display, which measures between 13 and 15 inches diagonally.
Building 8 is facing the difficult task on how to market Project Aloha as there has been growing concerns over mistrust in Facebook’s handling of users' privacy.
According to one person familiar with the matter, the company has conducted studies for Aloha and found that people were worried that Facebook might use it to spy on users.
- Facebook's Andrew Bosworth is taking over the company's consumer hardware effortsTechCrunch
- Facebook is unifying its hardware efforts under a veteran exec and readying an ...Markets Insider
- Facebook brings its AR, VR, and consumer hardware teams closer togetherVentureBeat
- Facebook is getting serious about making hardware with 'Aloha' video chat deviceThe Verge
- Facebook just put one of its most important execs in charge of hardwareCNBC
- Facebook set to launch 'Aloha' big screen video chat device and smart speaker ...Daily Mail
- Facebook Take On Amazon & Google With Video Chat Device + Smart SpeakerChannelNews
- Facebook picks veteran executive to lead hardware effortsThe Star Online
- Report: Facebook taps veteran exec to lead consumer hardwareSeeking Alpha