Most carriers already serve up an impenetrable web of charges, costs, terms, and conditions, so as a user, if you only see your bottom line increasing slightly, you’re fine.
I was one of those guilty of initially underestimating the appeal of the S Pen, labeling the original Galaxy Note “ a bad idea executed very well .” But time has shown that device was a pioneer both in pushing large-screen phones into the mass market and in becoming a go-to note-taking computer for many people.
At its debut today, the Galaxy Note 8 was used to conduct a Zoom conference call, which was seamlessly picked up on a desktop with a DeX stand on it, where the user shared his screen with the other person and did some basic photo editing.
Let’s not forget that Microsoft’s Windows will be made to run on ARM chips (again) at the end of this year on a Qualcomm-powered laptop, using the same Snapdragon hardware as you’ll find inside the Note 8.
We often take it for granted that tech companies will give us a ton more features, specs, and capabilities for the same price we paid the previous year — but consider that the high-resolution, bezel-deprived OLED screen that Samsung has inside the Note 8 is a major innovation that no one else has yet matched (though LG and Apple are expected to have the same in their September phone launches).
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8: what's new?The Week UK
- The Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Launches TODAY, People!Know Your Mobile
- VIDEO: Samsung thanks loyal Note users, unveils Note 8KRON4.com
- Take Note! Samsung's Galaxy Note8 available for pre-order in M'sia on Sept 5New Straits Times Online
- Samsung seeks to bury fiery past with Galaxy Note 8 launchBangladesh News 24 hours
- 10 reasons the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is best for businessZDNet
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8 launches in the UK – and it's bigger and better than beforeThe Sun
- First impressions of Samsung's Galaxy Note 8Chicago Tribune
- Galaxy Note 8 pre-orders start: here's where and how to get itAndroid Community