A little over 36 years after he co-founded Infosys Ltd with six others and exactly a decade after he stepped down as its chief executive officer, Nandan Nilekani has returned to the company after he was unanimously named by the board as its non-executive chairman in a widely anticipated move.
The appointment, a significant victory for co-founder NR Narayana Murthy in his fight against the board of Infosys, will soothe the nerves of the company’s largest investors, who have been spooked by the events of the past week, during which Vishal Sikka stepped down as CEO.
“I am happy to return to Infosys, now in the role of non-executive chairman, and look forward to working with my colleagues on the board and in executive management on the business opportunities we see before us and delivering benefits to our clients, shareholders, employees and communities.
Nilekani is expected to take charge of Infosys’s hunt for its next CEO and also help reconstitute the board of the company which has, over the past 18 months, come under fire for alleged lapses of corporate governance.
Under Nandan, Infosys will build a cohesive management team that will no doubt take the company to a leadership position in the industry.
- With Nilekani's return, Infy goes back to its rootsHindu Business Line
- From Vishal Sikka's resignation to Nandan Nilekani's appointment: Everything ...The Indian Express
- Infosys Founders Plot Board Coup to Retake Control, Sources SayYahoo Finance
- Quitting Infosys one of hardest decisions of my life: Vishal SikkaHindustan Times
- Nandan Nilekani appointed Chairman of Infosys board in wake of Vishal Sikka exitFinancial Express
- Nandan Nilekani appointed as Infosys Chairman; Vishal Sikka quits board ...The Indian Express
- Nandan Nilekani returns: Five reasons why Infosys bet on its old warhorseEconomic Times
- Infosys bows to Murthy; Nilekani returns as ChairmanBusiness Standard
- Nandan Nilekani: Aadhaar architect set to turn peacemakerOutlook India