He was injured while reaching for home plate during a slide in Tuesday night's game against the Cleveland Indians .
Manager John Farrell said the tests showed no tears or fractures, but he doesn't know how long the center fielder will be sidelined.
Farrell said had the call been overturned he would have challenged that Gomes blocked the plate and didn't give Bradley a clear lane to slide.
To take Bradley's spot on the roster, the Red Sox called up infielder Deven Marrero from Triple-A Pawtucket.
- Red Sox put Jackie Bradley Jr. on DL, but test results encouragingBoston Herald
- Red Sox Place Jackie Bradley Jr. On 10-Day Disabled List With Sprained Left ThumbCBS Boston / WBZ
- Jackie Bradley Jr. Placed On 10-Day DL With Thumb Injury From Awkward SlideYahoo Sports
- Red Sox manager John Farrell details Jackie Bradley's thumb injury; no ...WEEI.com (blog)
- Jackie Bradley Jr. goes on the disabled list with a sprained thumbNBCSports.com
- Red Sox place Jackie Bradley Jr on DL with sprained thumbFanRag Sports (blog)
- Jackie Bradley Jr. (thumb) placed on 10-day disabled listWEEI.com (blog)
- John Farrell Has Encouraging Update On Jackie Bradley Jr.'s Thumb InjuryNESN.com
- Red Sox's Jackie Bradley: No ligament damage detectedCBSSports.com