Join for free ] Hill flirted with making history multiple times during the 2016 season, only for several different circumstances to block his path.
Most notably, manager Dave Roberts removed Hill after seven perfect innings during a start last Sept. 11 when his reoccurring blister issues flared up.
His arch nemesis this time around was his own offense, which couldn’t muster a single run against a trio of Pirates pitchers, and Harrison, who hit a rocket that just cleared the wall and avoided Curtis Granderson’s glove in left field.
With a fastball that rested in the high 80s, Hill changed speeds while mixing in a filthy curveball that kept Pirates batters off balance all night long.
Hill was also the beneficiary of a spectacular diving catch by Chase Utley, who robbed David Freese of a sure hit in the eighth inning.
- Rich Hill flirts with perfection and ends up with heartache in Dodgers' 1-0 ...Los Angeles Times
- Hill Loses Perfecto In 9th, Then No-Hitter And Game In 10thCBS Los Angeles
- Josh Harrison ends Rich Hill's no-hitter vs. Pirates with walk-off homer in ...Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
- Dodgers' Rich Hill loses no-hitter on Pirates' walk-off homer in 10th inningOCRegister
- Hill loses no-hit try on HR in 10th, Pirates top Dodgers 1-0Houston Chronicle
- WATCH: Josh Harrison breaks up Rich Hill's no-hitter, years after dashing anotherCBSSports.com
- Dodgers' Rich Hill throws nine no-hit innings, but the game isn't overCBS sports.com (blog)
- Dodgers pitcher Rich Hill lost a perfect game in one of the worst ways possibleBusiness Insider
- Dodgers' Hill loses perfect game in 9th on error vs PiratesABC News