The Pirates didn't have a runner until Jordy Mercer led off the ninth with a sharp grounder that smacked off third baseman Logan Forsythe's glove for an error.
Chris Stewart laid down a sacrifice bunt, Jose Osuna grounded out to Forsythe and when shortstop Corey Seager gobbled up a grounder by Starling Marte, Hill held the Pirates hitless for nine innings.
In what's been a charmed season for the Dodgers, a 37-year-old journeyman received an ovation from the Pirates crowd at PNC Park as he walked off the mound after the ninth.
Hill raced through eight innings thanks in part to impeccable control and some spectacular defense behind him, most notably a diving grab by second baseman Chase Utley on a liner by Josh Bell leading off the eighth.
Bell was ruled safe on a close play at first in the second inning, but the call was overturned when replay showed Hill tagged him just before his foot hit the bag.
- Josh Harrison spoils Rich Hill's no-hit bid with 10th-inning walk-off homerYahoo Sports
- Rich Hill flirts with perfection and ends up with heartache in Dodgers' 1-0 ...Los Angeles Times
- Hill loses no-hit try on HR in 10th, Pirates top Dodgers 1-0mySanAntonio.com
- Josh Harrison ends Rich Hill's no-hitter vs. Pirates with walk-off homer in ...Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
- Joe Starkey: Rich Hill handles his historic, spirit-crushing defeat with classPittsburgh Post-Gazette
- Rich Hill loses no-hitter on a Pirates walk-off home run in extra inningsSB Nation
- Dodgers' Rich Hill takes no-hitter into 10th, loses on walk-off homerSporting News
- Rich Hill Loses No-Hitter on 10th-Inning Walk-off Home Run vs. PiratesBleacher Report
- Watson talks tradeAltoona Mirror