Shenmue 3 ’s first major trailer debuted yesterday, showing off a world of martial arts, beautiful locales, and uncanny facial expressions.
From Dobuita’s packed streets to the sunlit piers of Yokosuka Harbor, Shenmue offered a fully explorable world where characters engaged in daily schedules and every drawer could be opened.
From Ryo’s stiff walk cycles and stuffy English voice acting to the way his various martial arts moves seem to suddenly pop into action, the series has always had a rigid quality.
The world is packed with wizened martial arts masters, devilish mafiosos brandishing forbidden techniques, and ancient prophecies.
With its magnificent vistas and tightly edited martial arts sequences, the Shenmue Iii Trailer is a perfect distillation of what the series has always wanted to be.
- Shenmue III gets its first teaser trailer – two years after it was first announcedMetro
- First trailer for long-awaited Shenmue 3 pulls no punches (literally)SYFY WIRE (blog)
- The First Shenmue 3 Teaser Is Finally HereCinema Blend
- Fans can't agree if the first Shenmue 3 teaser is hot or hot garbageGamesRadar
- The First Real Look at Shenmue III is Here!AusGamers
- The first 'Shenmue III' teaser is comfortably familiarDeathRattleSports.com
- Shenmue III's Dead-Eyed Characters Ruin a Perfectly Good Debut TrailerGeek
- The first Shenmue III trailer is here, and the characters look as deadpan as everThe Verge
- Shenmue III's first teaser trailer was worth the waitSlashGear