RALEIGH — Two N.C. State University freshman Football players have been dismissed and three others have been suspended as part of an investigation into reports of sexual assaults at a party last month.
Antoine Thompson and Kevince Brown have been dismissed from the team, while Isaiah Moore, Erin Collins and Xavier Lyas have been suspended for violations of the Student Athlete Code of Conduct, according to head football coach Dave Doeren.
“We have a locker room full of young men committed to representing our University with integrity and respect, and have created a strong culture for N.C. State football through our leadership program,” Doeren said in a statement.
Police have spent about 800 hours investigating the claims, including through interviews, search warrants to seize potential evidence from cellphones, the residence where the alleged assaults took place and video from campus security cameras.
One of the cases is being investigated as second-degree forcible rape after the alleged victim told police a suspect had sexual intercourse with her after she was given alcoholic beverages and an unnamed drug, according to one incident report.
- NC State Dismisses 2 Players, Suspends 3 for MisconductU.S. News & World Report
- NC State dismisses 2, suspends 3 others amid sexual assault investigationYahoo Sports
- Two NC State players dismissed, three suspended after investigation into partyCBSSports.com
- Former Winter Park player Kevince Brown dismissed from NC State football teamOrlando Sentinel (blog)
- Two NC State football players dismissed, three suspended after investigation ...WTVD-TV
- 5 NC State football players disciplined following investigationWNCN
- Disciplined NCSU football players had violated code of conduct, coach Dave ...News & Observer
- NCSU football players dismissed following sexual assault investigationThe Daily Tar Heel
- Multiple Players Dismissed, Suspended from USC's First Football OpponentWLTX.com