Icelandic budget carrier Wow Air thinks so, and – with fares that begin at less than $100 one-way – it’s betting those Midwest markets will be profitable additions to its fast-growing U.S. network.
“We’re very excited about these cities,” WOW Air founder and CEO Skúli Mogensen said to USA TODAY’s Today in the Sky blog .
We can then distribute the traffic to our main Destinations in Europe, be it London, Paris Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Berlin, Copenhagen, etc.,” Mogensen said.
While its earliest U.S. destinations were focused on the East and West coasts, WOW’s four newest cities continue its recent expansion in the interior of the country.
With the new Midwest additions, WOW's full line-up of U.S. gateways includes BWI, Boston, Chicago O'Hare, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Detroit, Los Angeles, Miami, Newark, Pittsburgh, St. Louis and San Francisco.
- WOW Air, known for $99 flights, announces international service to LambertSTLtoday.com
- New Airline At Detroit Metro Airport Offers $99 Flights To Iceland, Other ...CBS Detroit
- Wow Air announce four new US destinations; flights from Dublin start at €129.99BreakingNews.ie
- WOW air announce flights from Ireland to four new destinations in the US for €130JOE
- WOW air, Iceland's low-cost airline, coming to CVG airportWCPO
- A new airline is coming to Cincinnati's airport: What we know nowDayton Daily News
- WOW air announces €129.99 flights from Ireland to four new US destinationsDublin Live
- Icelandic airline announces nonstop service to ClevelandSacramento Bee
- New low-cost carrier comes to CVG, fly to Europe for $149WXIX