In past times, our expectations of the Galaxy Note series have been to see Samsung at its most ambitious and ostentatious: the very best specs available, the most eye-catching designs, and the most grand and splashy presentation possible.
Granted, some trolls out there would take delight in being able to reheat their explosively funny fire puns should the Note 8 exhibit more battery issues.
If Samsung executes today’s launch correctly and delivers tens of millions of Note handsets with reliable batteries and no aberrant behaviors, it will complete the journey of recovering trust in its brand, and it will put a line under the Note 7 as an unfortunate exception.
Should any pervasive issues of reliability arise around the Note 8, that would create the biggest brand blemish that the smartphone industry has yet known.
Samsung would be rightly deemed untrustworthy and reviews of its subsequent phones would have to include mention of the problem that the Galaxy Note 7 started.
- Watch Galaxy Note 8 Samsung Unpacked 2017 Live Stream: Find Your LocationInternational Business Times
- Samsung Vs. Qualcomm: Galaxy S9 Maker To Limit Snapdragon Chip UseInternational Business Times
- Galaxy Note 8 launch: Watch it live here at 11 am ET, 8 am PTCNET
- Live from Samsung's Galaxy Note 8 press conferenceTechCrunch
- Samsung Note 8 event: start time and where to streamThe Verge
- LG V30 ads make light of the Galaxy Note 8SlashGear
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8 launch live stream: When and where to watch the eventFinancial Express
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Pre-Order Date, Price And Release DateValueWalk
- How To Watch The Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Event LivestreamValueWalk