After years of hoarding his assets to a comical degree, Danny Ainge’s decision to pull the trigger on the Irving trade is somewhat baffling.
If the goal in Boston was to corral a star who could take the team to true Finals contention status, then Ainge seems to have waited for the wrong one.
Boston could have had an outstanding perimeter rotation, pairing Butler or George with Gordon Hayward, creating the kind of rangy, versatile group needed to compete with the Warriors.
Trading for Irving sets the Celtics up to take over the East if and when LeBron bolts Cleveland for greener pastures next summer.
After years of hoarding assets, Danny Ainge's decision to pull the trigger on the Kyrie Irving deal is somewhat baffling.
- Celtics fans burned Isaiah Thomas jerseys after Kyrie Irving trade for some ...For The Win
- Boston Bound: Cavs Trade Irving To Celtics For ThomasWBUR
- The Cavs Thread The Needle With Kyrie MegadealFiveThirtyEight
- Age and Position Separates Kyrie Irving From Other TargetsHardwood Houdini
- Mike Gorman: Celtics Are A Better Team With Kyrie IrvingCBS Boston / WBZ
- One Reason Kyrie Irving May Have Wanted To Get Away From LeBron JamesCBS Boston / WBZ
- Celtics saved Cavs, sank themselves with terrible trade for Kyrie IrvingYahoo Sports
- Look: Isaiah Thomas, Kevin Love were close friends, AAU teammates as teensFor The Win
- Bulpett: With Kyrie Irving, Celtics now see themselves as NBA Finals-worthyBoston Herald