About a month ago, it was reported that Irving had requested a trade from the Cavaliers, apparently not happy with coexisting with LeBron James , among other complaints.
It seemed clear that the Cavaliers would have to deal Irving, but rumors had centered around other teams — not Boston — until Tuesday evening.
But it’s too soon to rule out a return to his hometown, and Cleveland maybe just got better — if Thomas and Irving are similar players, then adding Crowder clearly gives the Cavaliers the edge.
Irving is clearly the better and younger long term prospect, and he would have posted stats similar to Thomas had he had the same free reign in a Brad Stevens-coached offense.
He’s always the worst defender on the court — through no fault of his own — and it’s sadly something that will hold back any team that strives to compete for championships.
- Reports: Cleveland, Boston in “serious” trade talks for Kyrie IrvingYahoo Sports
- NBA trade news: Cavaliers send Kyrie Irving to CelticsSporting News
- Report: Cavaliers trade Kyrie Irving to Celtics for Thomas, Crowder, Brooklyn pickYahoo Sports
- AP Source: Cavalier trade Irving to Celtics for ThomasKansas City Star
- Cavaliers, Celtics reportedly discussing Kyrie Irving-Isaiah Thomas tradeChicago Tribune
- Celtics trade Isaiah Thomas to Cavaliers for Kyrie Iriving, reports sayWCVB Boston
- Kyrie Irving traded to Boston Celtics, Isaiah Thomas to Cleveland Cavaliers in ...MassLive.com
- NBA Trade Rumor: Cavaliers, Celtics working on Kyrie Irving tradeFear the Sword
- Kyrie Irving Reportedly Traded to Celtics for Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, MoreBleacher Report