Fellow NBA Rookies also think very highly of the 19-year-old forward, with 39 players believing Tatum will have the best career of the draft class, according to the NBA’s annual rookie survey.
It’s a title Tatum shares with Los Angeles Lakers rookie Lonzo Ball, who also received 18.4 percent of votes in the survey.
It sounds like fellow rookies are hoping for a lengthy rivalry between duo, much like their respective franchises have enjoyed for nearly 70 years.
Philadelphia 76ers rookie Markelle Fultz, drafted No.
1 over by Philly after a pre-draft trade, came in tied for sixth on the survey with only 5.3 percent of the votes.
- Summer Dreaming: Who will be named Kia Rookie of the Year in 2017-18?NBA.com (blog)
- NBA rookies down on Sixers' Markelle Fultz's potential?NJ.com
- NBA rookies pick Lonzo Ball, Jayson Tatum to have best careers, Smith to win ROYCBSSports.com
- LA Lakers News: Lonzo Ball Voted No. 2 By Rookies To Win NBA Rookie Of Year AwardThe Inquisitr
- NBA survey tabs Mavericks' Dennis Smith Jr. as likely Rookie of YearChicago Tribune
- Only two of 38 rookies surveyed say No. 1 pick Markelle Fultz will have class ...Yahoo Sports
- NBA rookies voted Jayson Tatum and Lonzo Ball as most likely to succeedBoston.com
- NBA Rookies Say Dennis Smith Jr. Is Favorite To Win Rookie Of The YearCBS DFW
- Lonzo Ball bringing magic back to LakersFanRag Sports (blog)