The UFC organization was notified today that the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) has informed Jon Jones of a potential Anti-Doping Policy violation stemming from an in-competition sample collected following his weigh-in on July 28, 2017.
TMZ was first to report the news of this latest positive test, which comes one month after Jones recaptured the light heavyweight title from Cormier with a third-round knockout at UFC 214.
Jones drew a one-year ban for his first positive steroids test after a USADA arbitrator ruled he did not intentionally dope, but was negligent in taking a sexual enhancement pill prior to UFC 200.
As Conor McGregor prepares to enter the ring vs. Floyd Mayweather with a clean slate, look back at everything he’s accomplished in the UFC.
Through it all, the force of website clicks and social media likes kept pushing the Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor fight from improbable suggestion to inevitable blockbuster.
- Dana White: UFC champion Jon Jones failed drug test at UFC 214ESPN (blog)
- Jon Jones fails UFC 214 drug test, not yet formally stripped of titleCBSSports.com
- Jon Jones failed drug test before UFC 214 fightYahoo Sports
- Report: Jon Jones Tests Positive for Steroids, Stripped of TitleSherdog.com
- Jon Jones Tests Positive for Steroids Stripped of TitleTMZ.com
- Jon Jones failed drug test at UFC 214 as light-heavyweight champion faces ...Mirror.co.uk
- Jon Jones tests positive for steroids in victory over Daniel Cormier and will ...The Sun
- Dana White confirms Jon Jones failed UFC 214 drug test, but still holds titleMetro
- Jon Jones failed drug test at UFC 214MMA Fighting