Salvador Perez was hitting baseballs off a machine inside a batting tunnel at Kauffman Stadium.
As he faced a collection of reporters Tuesday afternoon, Perez said he felt ready to return on Sunday.
But the Royals’ training staff wanted him to spend two more days ramping up his hitting workouts, ensuring that he would be healthy enough to test his right side in game action.
In a corresponding roster move, the club optioned catcher Cam Gallagher back to Class AAA Omaha.
Royals Catcher Salvador Perez throws out Yoan Moncada at first base during a recent game against the Chicago White Sox.
- Royals honor former closer Greg Holland in pregame tributeKansas City Star
- Rockies' Greg Holland returns to Kansas City, where he became an all-star relieverThe Denver Post
- Royals fans are fired up that Salvador Perez is off the disabled listKansas City Star (blog)
- Rockies vs. Royals preview: Probable pitchers, game times, and analysisPurple Row
- Kansas City Royals: Salvador Perez activated for Rockies seriesKings of Kauffman
- Game 124 Thread: Rockies vs. RoyalsRoyals Review
- Royals series preview: The Colorado RockiesRoyals Review
- Royals activate All-Star catcher Perez from disabled listSacramento Bee
- Royals activate Perez from DLKMAland