(AP) — Danny Duffy and four relievers combined on a two-hitter, helping the Kansas City Royals hold off the Colorado Rockies 3-2 on Tuesday night.
Duffy took a no-hitter into the sixth inning and retired the first two batters before walking DJ LeMahieu and allowing a homer to Nolan Arenado.
The Rockies star third baseman squared up a 1-1 pitch and hit it out for his 28th home run.
Jon Gray (5-3) gave up three runs, two earned, and six hits over 6 2/3 innings, striking out six and walking one.
- Nolan Arenado hits two-run homer, but Rockies manage just two hits in loss to ...The Denver Post
- Salvador Perez returns, lifts Royals to a 3-2 victory over the RockiesWichita Eagle
- Royals catcher Salvador Perez returns for series opener against ColoradoKansas City Star
- Royals pull out thrilling and terrifying 3-2 victory against RockiesRoyals Review
- Royals honor former closer Greg Holland in pregame tributeKansas City Star
- Rockies' Greg Holland returns to Kansas City, where he became an all-star relieverThe Denver Post
- Rockies lose 3-2 to Royals as rally falls shortPurple Row
- Royals survive Rockies to open seriesKMAland
- Royals activate All-Star catcher Perez from disabled listSacramento Bee