And his team is so far out front that it can afford to take it slowly with him, giving him a long runway to return to the rotation with bullets saved for October.
Darvish worked with pitching coach Rick Honeycutt on some mechanical adjustments in his delivery during Monday’s throwing session and reported no further issues with his back.
Kershaw will take his restraints partially off on Saturday when he is scheduled to make a rehab start with Triple-A Oklahoma City.
Kershaw threw 55 pitches Monday to hitters Chase Utley and Kiké Hernandez and hitting coach Turner Ward.
Rookie Cody Bellinger was not in the starting lineup for the second consecutive day since suffering a mild ankle sprain Saturday in Detroit.
- West Notes: Kershaw, Ray, Rangers, PadresMLB Trade Rumors
- Dodgers News: Clayton Kershaw Asserts He's Long Been Healthy Enough For ReturnDodger Blue (blog)
- Dodgers News: Clayton Kershaw to Pitch in OKC on SaturdayDodgers Nation
- Dodgers ace Clayton Kershaw bound for rehab start with triple-A Oklahoma CityLos Angeles Times
- Clayton Kershaw scheduled to pitch rehab game Saturday for Triple-A Oklahoma CityABC News
- Clayton Kershaw to Pitch in OKC on Saturdaykfor.com
- Clayton Kershaw to make first career AAA start on SaturdaySportsnaut
- Los Angeles Dodgers ace Clayton Kershaw goes four innings in simulated gameUPI.com
- Clayton Kershaw gearing up for Dodgers return after tossing simulated gameSporting News