Pollock hit a two-run homer in the 10th inning and the Arizona Diamondbacks snapped a three-game skid with a 3-2 victory over the New York Mets on Monday night.
Martinez had an RBI single and left fielder David Peralta threw out the potential go-ahead run at the plate for the Diamondbacks, who began the day with a 2 1/2-game lead over Milwaukee for the second NL wild card.
One out later, Pollock sent a 94 mph fastball from Erik Goeddel (0-1) over the center-field fence to put the Diamondbacks back in front after they squandered a 1-0 lead in the seventh.
Seth Lugo also is sidelined, and another reinforcement, rookie Robert Gsellman, recently returned from a long stint on the DL due to a hamstring injury.
Milone made three starts for New York earlier this year and recently returned from a long stint on the DL due to a knee injury.
- Mets' Robert Gsellman makes strides in extra-inning loss to D-Backs | Rapid ...NJ.com
- Mets get one positive from extra-inning loss to DiamondbacksNew York Post
- Erik Goeddel allows go-ahead homer in 10th inning of Mets' loss to DiamondbacksNewsday
- Diamondbacks 3, Mets 2: Pollock not bollocksAZ Snake Pit
- Final score: Diamondbacks 3, Mets 2—Get on the snakeAmazin' Avenue
- Preview #125: Arizona Diamondbacks @ New York MetsAZ Snake Pit
- The Mets can make Arizona's Wild Card defense even tougherAmazin' Avenue
- Arizona Diamondbacks: Can a slight fan base provide a late-season push?Call to the Pen
- Arizona Diamondbacks vs. New York Mets: Series PreviewVenom Strikes