Beckham sprained his left ankle on a questionable hit in the first half of the Giants’ 10-6 exhibition loss to the Cleveland Browns on Monday night.
After catching an 18-yard pass from Eli Manning in the first half, Beckham was undercut by Browns cornerback Briean Boddy-Calhoun, who drove his shoulder and helmet into the star receiver’s left leg.
Beckham, who spent the second half in street clothes on the sideline and jogged to the locker room afterward, didn’t call Boddy-Calhoun’s hit dirty.
Osweiler came in favored to win the starting job over rookie DeShone Kizer, who scored on a 1-yard sneak and finished 8 of 13 for 74 yards.
… DB Justin Currie was helped off the field with an apparent left ankle injury in the fourth quarter.
- Giants' Landon Collins 'can't respect' Browns player's low hit on Odell BeckhamNJ.com
- Giants breathe a sigh of relief as Odell Beckham Jr. sprains his ankle but ...New York Daily News
- Was Hit On Odell Beckham Jr. Dirty? Giants Teammates Seem To Think SoNESN.com
- Was the hit that took out Odell Beckham a dirty one?Yahoo Sports
- Pick near goal line ends Geno Smith's night on sour noteNewsday
- Briean Boddy-Calhoun says he 'wasn't aiming at anything specific' on hit that ...cleveland.com
- Odell Beckham Jr. Leaves Preseason Game with Ankle InjurySports Illustrated
- Postgame: Odell Beckham Jr. gives injury updateGiants.com (blog)
- Odell Beckham Jr. Leaves Giants' Game With Ankle SprainNew York Times