The Boston Red Sox were six outs away from starting their series with the Cleveland Indians on the right foot, but their bullpen was unable to seal the deal.
Boston held a one-run lead heading into the eighth inning at Progressive Field, but the Indians tied the game off the combination of Matt Barnes, Heath Hembree and Robby Scott.
ON THE BUMP — Eduardo Rodriguez turned in a good start as he continues to get back to the pitcher he was before the dislocated knee he suffered June 1.
IN THE BATTER’S BOX — Andrew Benintendi got the Red Sox on the board in a hurry when he walloped a two-run blast to right field to give Boston a two-run lead.
— The Red Sox retook the lead when Hanley Ramirez hammered a two-run home run to left field to chase Indians starter Mike Clevinger from the game.
- Red Sox blow lead, game to IndiansBoston Herald
- Guyer scores winner on Holt's error, Indians top Red Sox 5-4San Francisco Chronicle
- Umpire Wendelstedt leaves game after taking pitch off maskWTOP
- David S. Glasier: Comparing the Indians, Browns on a shared game dayNews-Herald.com
- Watch Hanley Ramirez Smash Two-Run Home Run For Red Sox Vs. IndiansNESN.com
- Watch Red Sox Phenom Rafael Devers Make Impressive Defensive Play Vs. IndiansNESN.com
- Red Sox Notebook: Doug Fister to face familiar foe in Cleveland IndiansMilford Daily News
- Andrew Miller exits with apparent injury after throwing only seven pitchesLet's Go Tribe
- Indians 5, Red Sox 4: Sox throw one away vs. TribeMetroWest Daily News