Sano apparently suffered the initial trauma to his shin after fouling off a pitch during Friday night's win over the Arizona Diamondbacks.
Instead of the usual hive of pregame activity, the visiting clubhouse was mostly empty for a 30-minute period during the local height of Monday's solar eclipse.
While Ervin Santana and Brian Dozier reclined on the grass with special eclipse-viewing glasses sent over from the Adler Planetarium, most other players, coaches and supports staff milled around to see what the fuss was about.
That's because the Twins designated Turley as their 26th man for the doubleheader before optioning him back to Triple-A Rochester, where he's made a solid transition to bullpen work.
Lefties Hector Santiago (neck) and Adalberto Mejia (upper arm) are scheduled to throw their first bullpens on Wednesday and Thursday, respectively, back at Target Field.
- Twins recall Kennys Vargas, put Miguel Sano on DLMinneapolis Star Tribune
- Twins put Sano on DL with shin injury, recall VargasNews & Observer
- Twins place Miguel Sano on the DL with a stress reaction in his left shinTwinkie Town
- And That Happened: Sunday's Scores and HighlightsYahoo Sports
- Minnesota Twins: Miguel Sano to DL as club fights for playoff spotCall to the Pen
- Timing of Miguel Sano's injury not terrible for the TwinsMinneapolis Star Tribune
- Minnesota Twins Minor League Teams Best In All of BaseballPuckett's Pond (blog)
- Rosario hits slam in 9-run 1st as Twins rout D-backs 12-5New Zealand Herald
- Twins' Kennys Vargas: Recalled from Triple-ACBSSports.com