The 23-year-old is calling for sweeping change in the organisation in the wake of dozens of allegations of sexual abuse by former national team doctor Larry Nassar, a scandal that has left one of the US Olympic movement's marquee programmes scrambling and Raisman shaken.
Nassar spent nearly 30 years as an osteopath with the Usa Gymnastics programme and is now in prison in Michigan after pleading guilty to possession of child pornography.
She did agree to speak more generally, calling Nassar "a monster'' and blaming USA Gymnastics for failing to stop him and spending too much of the fallout attempting to "sweep it under the rug''.
"I feel like there's a lot of articles about it, but nobody has said, 'This is horrible, this is what we're doing to change','' Raisman said in a wide-ranging interview shortly after she and other members of the "Final Five'' that won team gold at the 2016 Olympics were inducted into the USA Gymnastics Hall of Fame at the weekend.
While several alleged Nassar victims have come forward, including 2000 Olympic bronze medallist Jamie Dantzscher, Raisman is the highest profile athlete yet to publicly reprimand the organisation.
- Aly Raisman Rips USA Gymnastics, Calls Former Team Doctor 'Monster'Bleacher Report
- Aly Raisman Slams Gymnastics Body Over 'Monster' DoctorForward
- Aly Raisman Addresses Team USA Gymnastics Sex Abuse Scandal and Calls for ...PEOPLE.com
- The Final Five Get Inducted Into the Gymnastics Hall Of Fame!Just Jared Jr.
- Aly Raismam Slams USA Gymnastics For Failure To Address Sex Abuse VictimsRefinery29
- Aly Raisman says USA Gymnastics swept sex abuse scandal "under the rug"Yahoo Sports
- No sweat: Liukin creates upbeat approach at USA GymnasticsSan Francisco Chronicle
- The Olympic gymnastics team reunited over the weekend — and the photos are ...INSIDER
- Former gymnasts use National Championships as platform to call for change in ...WLNS