PITTSBURGH — Rookie running back James Conner set up Pittsburgh’s winning fourth-quarter touchdown pass in the Steelers’ 17-13 exhibition victory over the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday.
Conner, the former University of Pittsburgh star who overcame Hodgkin’s lymphoma and a serious right knee injury to reach the NFL, broke off runs of 17 and 19 yards, leading to Bart Houston’s 6-Yard touchdown pass to Justin Hunter.
Bryant, who is still in the process of being fully reinstated by the league, remains suspended, but is permitted to participate in all Preseason activities — including practices and games.
CARSON, Calif. — Alvin Kamara ran for a 50-yard touchdown and the New Orleans Saints beat the Los Angeles Chargers on Sunday night.
Chase Daniel was 7 of 12 for 80 yards in place of Drew Brees, finding Michael Thomas for a 28-yard reception to help set up Wil Lutz’s 53-yard field goal midway through the first quarter.
- Report: Le'Veon Bell showing up shortly after third preseason gameNBCSports.com
- James Conner leads the way in Steelers preseason win over FalconsPittsburgh Post-Gazette
- Inside Pittsburgh Steelers CB Mike Hilton's game-changing hit vs. the Atlanta ...PennLive.com
- Falcons-Steelers post-game injury report: Bosher takes a hard fall after ...The Falcoholic
- NFL preseason scores, schedule, updates, news: James Conner impresses in debutCBSSports.com
- Ron Cook: James Conner 'right at home' in preseason debut, as he should bePittsburgh Post-Gazette
- Former Wisconsin QB Bart Houston tosses his first preseason TD pass with SteelersLandof10.com
- What we learned from Sunday's preseason gamesNFL.com
- Gorman: Bryant, Conner make most of their Steelers debutsTribune-Review