Leudys Baez hit a Grand Slam in the top of the 16 th inning to help lead the Rome Braves to an 11-6 win over the Columbia Fireflies on Sunday.
The grand slam capped the six-run inning for the Braves after Jordan Rodgers scored on a fielder’s choice, and Kurt Hoekstra drew a bases-loaded walk to give them the lead.
In the bottom of the inning, Columbia scored on a ground out by Andres Gimenez that brought home Jay Jabs.
Baez homered and singled twice, driving in four runs and scoring a pair in the win.
Hoekstra (1-0) got the win in relief while Joseph Zanghi (0-3) took the loss in the South Atlantic League game.
- Strom leads Columbia to 1-0 win over RomeThe Daily Progress
- Wilson, Lugbauer lead the way for RomeSTLtoday.com
- Davidson, Rodgers lead Rome to 6-3 win over ColumbiaThe Daily Progress
- ROME BRAVES RECAP: Rome takes down ColumbiaNorthwest Georgia News
- Baez's grand slam leads Rome over Columbia in 16 inningsValdosta Daily Times