Even the surfers at surfline.com have gone along the Oregon coast and cleaned the lenses off their surf cameras so they can catch the first glimpses of the moon's shadow reaching the western shore.
"This will be like Woodstock 200 times over -- but across the whole country," said Alex Young, Solar scientist at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center.
Watch the shadows underneath the big oak trees and look for the small crescent shapes that the moon will leave fluttering on the ground.
People in Lincoln City, Oregon, will be the first in the continental United States to see the total Solar Eclipse, beginning at 10:15 a.m.
The longest Eclipse duration for this event will occur near Carbondale, Illinois, and will clock in at two minutes, 43 seconds, beginning at 1:20 p.m. CDT.
- How to watch the eclipse from the comfort of your Facebook feedCNBC
- A Total Solar Eclipse Will Make History as It Sweeps Across AmericaTIME
- When was the last total solar eclipse in the United States?SB Nation
- Partly sunny skies should mean fair weather for viewing solar eclipseWFMZ Allentown
- Millions of Americans await awe-inspiring total solar eclipseReuters
- Millions converge across US to see total eclipseGainesville Sun
- Next Total Solar Eclipse In US: How Long Is The Wait?International Business Times
- Total solar eclipse 2017: How to make a pinhole projector from a cereal boxABC News
- Solar eclipse presents first major test of power grid in renewable eraYahoo Finance