While I thought the Chicken Soup for the Soul brand was lost forever to the late ‘90s-early ‘00s era, I clearly was not paying attention.
"We are extremely pleased with the investor demand for our IPO," said William J. Rouhana, Jr., chairman and chief executive officer.
CSSE also recently launched CSS Network, which the company describes as “our branded direct-to-consumer network” that will offer “original and third-party video content on a fee-per-view, subscription or advertising-supported basis.”
Founded in 1993, Chicken Soup for the Soul was created by motivational speakers Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen, and is a well-known name among self-help book fans.
It has a portfolio of around 250 books, which consist of inspiring stories for targeted audiences ranging from teenagers to mothers to pet owners, among many others.
- Business news briefs: Hot stock tip; Honeygrow restaurant location in East ...Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
- $30M Chicken Soup Regulation A+ IPO Lists On The NASDAQ. Oversubscribed, Here ...Forbes
- Chicken Soup for the Soul gets icy reception in trading debutThe Seattle Times
- Chicken Soup for the Soul stock debuts on Nasdaq after crowdsourced IPOCNBC
- PE HUB Second OpinionPE Hub (subscription) (blog)
- Chicken Soup for the Soul becomes the largest exchange-listed IPO under Reg A+New York Business Journal
- Hot stock tip: Chicken Soup for the SoulNew Zealand Herald
- Chicken Soup for the Soul turns cold on debutReuters
- Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment (Nasdaq: CSSE) to Ring The Nasdaq ...GlobeNewswire (press release)