Moreover, the post became a platform for discussion of issues related to paternity and maternity leave with more than 25,000 people commenting on it till late Saturday night.
While some Facebook user appreciated the move by Zuckerberg, some other criticized government’s policies on paternity and maternity leaves and asked governments of their respective countries to take steps.
There is also the option to share this leave too - so each parent could potentially take six months each,” a Facebook user Tamara Farrar wrote.
Replying to Burkhardt’s post, another Facebook user, Ngoundu Gauffin wrote, “Same in Sweden a year maternity with full payment from the government.
- Slow clap: Mark Zuckerberg taking 2 months paternity leaveBabyCenter (blog)
- Mark Zuckerberg will take 2 months paternity leave after birth of second daughterBGR India
- Mark Zuckerberg, the dotting father and hubby, is winning 'hearts' for his two ...Financial Express
- Mark Zuckerburg's two-month paternity leave announcement is winning 'hearts ...The Indian Express
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg will take two months of paternity leave this yearGears Of Biz
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg to take two months of paternity leaveGadgets Now
- Mark Zuckerberg's own paternity-leave plans are a step toward a more fair ...Quartz
- Zuckerberg to take 2-month paternity leaveThe Tribune
- Mark Zuckerberg will take two months off when his second daughter is born BizGears Of Biz