Former national team doctor Larry Nassar, who served in the position for 29 years, is at the center of the scandal.
USA Gymnastics launched an independent review of its policies in the wake of the allegations against Nassar and reporting by the Indianapolis Star that highlighted chronic mishandling of abuse allegations against coaches and staff at some of its more than 3,500 clubs across the country.
Raisman, who most recently won gold in Rio at the 2016 Olympics, is calling for major change.
USA Gymnastics was quick to respond to Raisman’s criticism, saying the organization is “taking the issue head-on” and wants to work with Raisman on athlete safety.
- Aly Raisman Slams Gymnastics Body Over 'Monster' DoctorForward
- Aly Raisman Addresses Team USA Gymnastics Sex Abuse Scandal and Calls for ...PEOPLE.com
- Gymnastics star Aly Raisman hits out over 'monster'NEWS.com.au
- Aly Raisman criticizes USA Gymnastics, USOC for response to sex abuse scandalKHOU
- Aly Raismam Slams USA Gymnastics For Failure To Address Sex Abuse VictimsRefinery29
- Aly Raisman Calls Out USA Gymnastics For Its Handling Of Sexual Abuse AllegationsDeadspin
- USA Gymnastics struggles to change after abuse allegationsAustin American-Statesman
- Aly Raisman criticizes USA Gymnastics, USOC for handling of sex abuse scandalSporting News
- An upbeat mood for USA GymnasticsSentinel & Enterprise