Ragan Smith, center, waves to fans along with Jordan Chiles, left, and Riley McCusker after winning the women's all-around at the U.S. gymnastics championships, Sunday, Aug. 20, 2017, in Anaheim, Calif. (AP Photo/Ringo H.W.
less Ragan Smith, center, waves to fans along with Jordan Chiles, left, and Riley McCusker after winning the women's all-around at the U.S. gymnastics championships, Sunday, Aug. 20, 2017, in Anaheim, Calif. (AP
Smith pulled away from the field to claim her first national title Sunday, posting a score of 115.250, more than three points clear of Jordan Chiles in second place and Riley McCusker in third.
Simone Biles, Gabby Douglas, Aly Raisman, Madison Kocian and Laurie Hernandez are taking breaks or have moved on, leaving Smith as the standard bearer for new national team coordinator Valeri Liukin.
Ashton Locklear, like Smith an alternate last summer, wound up second on bars with a watered down routine as he makes her way back from her own injury issues and should have time to install upgrades before Montreal.
- Names & Faces: Mo Farah, Simone BilesSFGate
- Olympic champ Simone Biles back in gym as she weighs optionsChicago Tribune
- Ragan Smith vaults to lead at US gymnastics championshipsNew Jersey Herald
- Great Britain's Mo Farah races and wins final track race in home countryOlympicTalk (blog)
- Yul Moldauer takes all-around title at the P&G Gymnastics ChampionshipsOCRegister
- Ragan Smith shows why she's new face of USA Gymnastics at P&G ChampionshipsOCRegister
- Simone Biles says she's back in the gym (video)OlympicTalk (blog)
- Ragan Smith Lives Up To "Favorite" Status On First Night Of P&G Gymnastics ...TeamUSA.org
- Raisman calling for sweeping changes in USA Gymnastics amid scandalMy Fox Boston