There are a few modes available in other multiplayer games that Overwatch hasn’t embraced quite yet, mostly due to its unique team based gameplay style.
This works through a bot that remains in spectator mode and detects if a player dies, then switches their team.
Torb is used to set up turrets as barricades, while Reinhardt mindlessly swings at opposing players or obstacles in his way.
If Blizzard caught on and developed this for, say, Halloween, it could work nicely alongside the Dr. Junkenstein event.
If new maps are a greater interest, Blizzard has announced one will debut this Monday at Gamescom 2017, followed by an all-new animated short on Wednesday.
- Overwatch Player Creates Zombie ModeKotaku Australia
- Overwatch Player Creates A Custom Zombie ModeDVS Gaming (registration) (blog)
- 'Call of Duty,' Blizzard, 'Destiny 2' at Gamescom 2017: How to watch, what to ...Malay Mail Online
- Gamescon Will Be Getting Some New 'Overwatch' ContentBleeding Cool News
- 'Overwatch' News: Player Reporting Coming to Console PlayersChristian Post
- 'Overwatch:' Junkertown, fan-made zombie mode, and another Doomfist nerfBlasting News
- Jeff Kaplan regrets adding cosmetic items in 'Overwatch' competitiveBlasting News
- Overwatch is Adding a Reporting Feature for Xbox One and PlayStation 4Comicbook.com
- WATCH 'Overwatch' new fan-made Zombies-like mode Infection, its amazing!Blasting News