It’s humanity’s farthest Spacecraft at 13 billion miles away and is the world’s only craft to reach interstellar space, the vast mostly emptiness between star systems.
The two-hour documentary describes the tense and dramatic behind-the-scenes effort that culminated in the wildly successful missions to our solar system’s outer planets and beyond.
It has that kind of iconic stature,” Porco, a visiting scholar at the University of California, Berkeley, told The Associated Press on Thursday.
The 55 greetings for the Voyager Golden Records were collected at Cornell University, where Sagan taught astronomy, and the United Nations in New York.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
- Voyager 1 leads pack of world's most distant spacecraftThe Asian Age
- NASA's Voyagers: 35 years of inspiration [Update: Now it's 40]Ars Technica
- NASA, PBS marking anniversary of Voyager launchesTuscaloosa News (subscription)
- The still-active Voyager 2 spacecraft launched into space 40 years agoMLive.com
- NASA's Voyager Spacecraft Still Sending Data After 40 YearsI4U News
- NASA and PBS celebrate 40 years since launch of Voyager spacecraftPittsburgh Post-Gazette
- Voyager mission celebrates 40th anniversary: Here's how it changed astronomy ...PennLive.com
- 40 years later, Voyager mission enduresBend Bulletin
- NASA's Awesome Voyager Probes Are Both Still Going Strong After 40 YearsGears Of Biz