The Flags, which drew an angry response this week and one person who threw rocks at the windows of the East Eighth Street building, had been hanging for years according to neighbors.
The windows on top floor of the building at 403 East Eighth Street were covered with a tarp on Friday afternoon.
May said that the building manager knocked on her door this week and told her that they were going to cover the windows with a tarp.
At least one anonymous neighbor was upset to see the tarp hung over the windows, telling Gothamist that he thought it was "silencing of speech."
Paul Bakija, the guitarist for the punk band Reagan Youth, lives across the street from the building, and told Gothamist that the tarp was "better than looking at a bright, lit-up Confederate Flag."
- Six Flags Will Only Fly American Flag From Now OnTIME
- DJ Arrested for Breaking Window in Apartment Where Confederate Flag HungDNAinfo
- Six Flags ditches Confederate flag from amusement parks in Georgia and TexasWashington Times
- Six Flags Over Texas will only fly American flagsUSA TODAY
- Six Flags Parks Remove Historic Flags over Political ConcernsBreitbart News
- After Charlottesville, only one flag will fly at Six Flags Over GeorgiaWSB Atlanta
- Twitter Reacts To Six Flags' Decision To Fly Only American FlagInternational Business Times
- Six Flags Over Texas Will Remove Confederate Flag From Amusement ParkOkayplayer (blog)
- After Charlottesville, only the US flag will fly at Six Flags Over TexasMonitor