The offseason acquisition has looked spectacular at times during practice but seeing him perform in a game might offer another glimpse of how New England will use him, how his chemistry with Tom Brady is developing and how productive he might ultimately become as part of a deep Patriots offense.
With most of the Patriots' top-of-the-roster players projected to return to action today, Hollister's usage and performance will show how realistic his chances of making the team's roster or, more likely, practice squad are.
And while they will not go all-in in trying to attack New England's offense today, Andrews' performance against players like Whitney Mercilus might show how much he has progressed in his first offseason as the undisputed starting center.
If he is able to replicate his practice performances and prove that playing against top competition is not too big of a challenge, Langi might get one step closer to the 53-man roster as a potential replacement for the above-mentioned Rivers.
- Seven Patriots Players To Watch Vs. Texans In Preseason Game No. 2NESN.com
- How to watch: New England Patriots vs. Houston Texans247Sports
- Patriots Vs. Texans Live Stream: Watch NFL Preseason Game OnlineNESN.com
- Patriots Vs. Texans Live: Updates, Analysis From Preseason MatchupNESN.com
- Top 3 players to watch during the preseasonToro Times
- 3 things to watch for in Patriots preseason game against TexansFanRag Sports (blog)
- New England Patriots vs. Houston Texans: First glance at the Tom Brady ...MassLive.com (blog)
- Patriots RB Mike Gillislee won't play versus TexansAll 22
- NFL exec thinks Blake Bortles has better arm strength than Tom BradyPats Pulpit