Gab was founded by Donald Trump supporter Andrew Torba, who says it's devoted to unfettered free expression online.
This week, Andrew Anglin, editor of the neo-Nazi site Daily Stormer, became an active Gab user after a succession of Internet companies refused service to his website, forcing it offline.
"In order to be on the Play Store, social networking apps need to demonstrate a sufficient level of moderation, including for content that encourages violence and advocates hate against groups of people," the statement read.
Twitter hosts accounts like the American Nazi Party , the Ku Klux Klan , and the virulently anti-gay Westboro Baptist Church .
- Citing hate speech, Google suspends social media site favored by alt-right ...The Hill
- Google Drops Alt-Right Favorite Gab From Play Store As Internet Hate Speech ...Forbes
- Google removes Gab app for violating hate speech policyThe Verge
- Gab app banned from Google Play Store over hate speech concerns as web giants ...VentureBeat
- 'Full net censorship is HERE': Google moves to de-platform Gab for being a ...Twitchy
- First Amendment in Peril?City Journal
- Monster Casino launches Google Play Store appCasino City Times (press release)
- “Is this the day the Internet dies?”Hot Air
- Google Play bans alternative social media site Gab for hate speechTechSpot