“My hands were cramping pretty bad at the end of the race and I have the race tomorrow I sweated a lot today, getting in and out of both cars and I sweated a ton yesterday in Xfinity practice,” Earnhardt told Motorsport.com.
Earnhardt said he needed a couple of bags of IV fluids and didn’t want to take any chances with 500 laps still to run in Saturday’s Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race still to run.
Earnhardt his recovering from a concussion last season has probably contributed to his heightened awareness of his health issues.
“It was really hot in my car but I didn’t think anything of it until the race stopped and my hands were cramped real bad around the steering wheel,” he said.
- Kyle Busch wins the Food City 300WJHL
- Goodbye for now, Dale Earnhardt Jr.Bristol Herald Courier (press release) (blog)
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. - "What in the hell is going on in this world?"Motorsport.com, Edition: Global
- Tonight's Xfinity Series race at Bristol: Start time, weather, TV/radio infoYahoo Sports
- Dale Earnhardt Jr: Bristol is the “Ultimate Playground”FOX News Radio (blog)
- NASCAR notebook: Dale Earnhardt Jr. touched by scholarshipUPI.com
- Dale Jr. Memories Museum highlights Bristol momentsWCYB
- Why Dale Earnhardt Jr. thinks he was lucky not to be on social media 10 years agoFor The Win
- Check it out: Dale Earnhardt Jr. honored with sign at Bristol Motor SpeedwaySporting News