Last year, Mercedes-Benz revealed the Vision Mercedes-Maybach 6 concept , the closest thing you could get to a luxury yacht for the road, and now the German carmaker is back with the convertible version.
The interior is covered in Crystal White leather and paired with a wooden floor laced with aluminum inlays — another yachting reference.
The real eye-catcher, however, is the transparent center tunnel filled with blue fiber optics that’s designed to visualize the car’s electrical energy flow.
As Mercedes describes it, “a light wing flows in a curve across the door trim and the center tunnel into the seat landscape, creating a 360-degree open-air luxury lounge.”
There’s almost zero chance the Vision Mercedes-Maybach 6 Cabriolet will actually enter production, so those attending this year’s Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance will have one of the few opportunities to see it in person.
READ MORE (SlashGear)
- Mercedes uses art deco inspiration for electric car conceptEngadget
- The New Mercedes-Maybach Concept Is a 20-Foot-Long ConvertibleBloomberg
- Vision Mercedes-Maybach 6 Cabriolet electrifies Pebble BeachCNET
- The new reality: Mercedes-Maybach unveils the super-luxury electric car of ...wallpaper.com
- Vision Mercedes-Maybach 6 Cabriolet Unveiled at Pebble BeachNews18
- Vision Mercedes-Maybach 6 Cabriolet concept: Does this hood make me look ...Motor Authority
- Vision Mercedes-Maybach 6 Cabriolet Concept PreviewCars.com News
- The Vision Mercedes-Maybach 6 Cabriolet will blow your mindTop Gear
- Vision Mercedes-Maybach 6 Cabriolet Wows Pebble Beach CrowdAutomobile